NFT stands for non-fungible tokens which are cryptographic tokens that represent something unique. Our tokens follow the smart contract standards on prominent blockchains like Ethereum, Polygon, and Solana. The ownership of the artworks is managed by the blockchain.
This is a real example of an NFT from aimade.art available at Opensea.io called Luchador de sumo
Each NFT transaction is estimated to produce 20kg CO2. Ethereum has plans to cut its carbon footprint by 99%, but it hasn't happened yet. You can read about that here or check the progress here. Our commitment is to offset the emissions that we generate by partnering with Sea-Trees.
We offset over 1 ton of CO2 by partnering with sea-trees.org and for every NFT sold we will:
- Sequester 1/2 ton of CO2 with carbon credits from the Southern Cardamom REDD+ Project, in Cambodia. This provides 200+ jobs, education and healthcare benefits for 16,000+ people in the local community, and produces 3.5 million metric tons of carbon credits per year.
- Plant 2 mangrove trees in Indonesia, with Eden Reforestation Projects which has the potential to sequester an additional 1/2 metric tons of CO2
- Restore 1/2 sq-ft of kelp in Palos Verdes, California. This project provides habitat and food for over 700 species of algae, invertebrates, and fish. It also reminds us of My Octopus Teacher
Training an AI during hundreds of hours has, as well, a significant impact in energy consumption. However, our computing partner Google Cloud uses 100% renewable energy.
Under unlockable content you will find a link to the high-resolution image file. This file is privately hosted on the cloud and we are responsible of maintaining it. This will be the only digital copy we will keep, and we won't access it again once the 30-day money-back guarantee expires.
No. The NFT includes a mid-resolution image and that is publicly available. Anyone could technically download it. However, the high-resolution image file is available for the owner only as Unlockable content on Opensea.io. The artwork is registered on the blockchain and has only one rightful owner. Read more about it in this article.
After the purchase of the NFT, please check unlockable content on Opensea.io. You will find instructions on how to order your free physical copy.
The physical copy takes between 10-30 business days to be fulfilled and shipped. A tracking number will be provided once it is ready to be shipped, so that you can track the status.
Might be. The physical copy and its shipping is included in the price. However, some countries might apply custom duties to the item. This is a fee that we have no control about, and we cannot cover. For import matters, the physical items are sent from US or from Latvia.
We cannot offer a refund once the NFT has been purchased for two reasons:
- The high-resolution artwork can be downloaded right after the purchase, making it difficult for us to ensure the uniqueness of the NFT if we allow refunds.
- To avoid speculation with the price of Ethereum (ETH), receiving refund requests if the ETH/USD price goes up significantly after the purchase.
This is in line with similar laws regarding sales of digital services. Please read our Refund Policy for more information.
The original PNG file is part of the NFT. The owner of the NFT can download it from the unlockable content and use it the way she wants, including printouts using any print-on-demand service.
You do. The buyer will get exclusive and unlimited license to use the artwork (print it, use it for commercial purposes, or even destroy it). A 5% royalty fee will apply automatically for subsequent sales.
A royalty fee of 5% over subsequent resales will be granted to the creator of the NFT (i.e., aimade.art). This fee is automatically processed when you resell your NFT on marketplaces such as Opensea.io or Rarible. This sort of royalty fees are a normal practice with NFTs.