NY World Love is an artificially intelligent artwork made by Ali, AImade.art’s newest iteration of Artificial Intelligence.
It has been 20 years since the terrorist attacks on September 11, 2001.
As we commemorate the nearly 3,000 lives lost that day, we remember the sacrifice of the thousands of first responders who demonstrated the best of humanity. In addition, we honor the bravery of the men and women who answered the call to serve in the armed forces in the conflicts that followed.
As a veteran-owned company, A.I. Made Art LLC is proud to offer our newest collection of art created specifically to honor the 20th Anniversary of 9/11
To create it, Ali used algorithms from neural style transfer libraries on Github as well as some sandboxed code that interprets text based on preset values called VQGAN+CLIP.
Using thousands of paintings from renowned artists and publicly available images, Ali used the techniques for vector quantized Generative Adversarial Network (GAN) and Contrastive Language for image pre-training. GANs are systems where two neural networks, (1) a generator which synthesizes images into different styles, and (2) a discriminator which tries to determine if the image is a valid creation. The system feeds back on itself to incrementally improve the piece.
The result is this one-of-a-kind artwork carefully selected and minted as a non-fungible token (NFT) in Ethereum's blockchain to certify its uniqueness and ownership. The owner receives an unlimited and exclusive license to use this artwork, including for commercial purposes.
With the purchase of this NFT the buyer will receive a physical copy of this artwork printed on museum-quality canvas and shipped worldwide at no extra cost.
In order to offset the carbon emissions this transaction generates, We have partnered with Sea-Trees to remove over 1 ton of CO2! For every NFT sold we will:
- Sequester 1/2 ton of CO2 with carbon credits from the Southern Cardamom REDD+ Project, Cambodia which provides 200+ jobs, education and healthcare benefits for 16,000+ people in the local community, and produces 3.5 million metric tons of carbon credits per year.
- Plant 2 mangrove trees in Indonesia, with Eden Reforestation Projects which has the potential to sequester an additional 1/2 metric tons of CO2
- Restore 1/2 sq-ft of kelp in Palos Verdes, California. This project provides habitat and food for over 700 species of algae, invertebrates, and fish. It also reminds us of My Octopus Teacher
Physical copy specifications:
• Size: 12x12'' (30.48x30.48 cm). 1.5″ (3.81 cm) deep
• Acid-free, PH-neutral, poly-cotton base
• 20.5 mil (0.5 mm) thick canvas
• Canvas fabric weight: 13.9 oz/yd² (470 g/m²)
• Printed on textured and fade-resistant canvas (OBA-Free)
• Mounting brackets included
• Hand-glued solid wood stretcher bars
• Algorithms inspired by VQGAN+CLIP and Style Transfer libraries
• Trained with over thousands of public domain paintings from publicly available/royalty free images on the Internet, the Met Museum and WikiArt as well as publicly available/royalty free images on the Internet